Two days at Filo: the agenda of the 48th edition
The 48th edition of Filo, the yarns and fibres’ exhibition, is held on the 27th and 28th of September 2017 at Palazzo delle Stelline in Milan (Corso Magenta 61).
- The official inauguration is scheduled at 2.30 pm on the 27th of September 2017 at Sala Pirelli – Palazzo delle Stelline, during the conference ‘The thread of sustainable chains’, organised by Filo in cooperation with ITA-Agency and Sistema Moda Italia.
The participants are:
– Carlo Piacenza, President of Unione Industriale Biellese
– Marinella Loddo – Director of ITA-Agency in Milan
– Gianfranco Di Natale – Director of Smi-Sistema Moda Italia and Confindustria Moda
– Ercole Botto – President of Milano Unica
The opening speeches will be followed by a discussion on sustainability in the various supply chains parallel to textile-apparel industry. Participants are:
– Alessandro Zucchi – President of Acimit
– Andrea Crespi – Smi, Sustainability Commission
– Roberta Ianna – Divisione I, Interventions for sustainable development, Ministry of Enviroment
– Francesco Laera –European Commision, Milan
The country-focus is dedicated to Russia.
- During the two days of Filo, a foreign delegation of buyers and journalists, invited by Filo together with ITA-Agency, will be present at the fair. The delegation is made up of operators representing important companies from Japan, Great Britain, Spain, France, Belgium, Turkey, Portugal and Russia. As to Russia, a country that has always shown high interest for Made in Italy productions, twelve buyers have been selected among the most important textile companies of the Russian Federation, thanks to the support of Sistema Moda Italia and the cooperation with RAFI – Russian Association of Fashion Industry.
- On the 27th of September at 11 am, in Corridoio C, the international multi-platform hub C.L.A.S.S. (Creativity Lifestyle and Sustainable Synergy), which supports and endorses responsible products for fashion, home and design, celebrates its 10 years of activity, talking about circular economy with partner-companies exhibiting at Filo. Speakers in agenda are Massimo Marchi for Marchi&Fildi, presenting Ecotec the Smart Cotton; Uwe Schmidt and Paolo Bellia for Roica by Asahi Kasei and Alessio Catani for Filatura C4 presenting the platform Re.Verso. Moderator is Giusy Bettoni ceo di C.L.A.S.S.
- On the 27th of September 2017 at 5.30 pm, the traditional FiloHappening cocktail closes the first day of works. Just during the FiloHappening, an important anniversary will be celebrated: the 20th anniversary of La Spola, the weekly textile-apparel journal which, through its printed and on-line publications, has always given Filo great attention.
- Sustainability is doubly bound up with innovation and research. The two factors are at the core of the attention during the two days of exhibition, thanks to the renewal of the initiative promoted by Filo in cooperation with PoinTex (Textile Innovation Hub): within the area reserved to the research centre, exhibitors, visitors and journalists can get an idea of the projects that have already been carried out or those who are being developed, as well as meet PoinTex technicians to discuss about new possible textile developments.
- The FiloLounge, the area reserved to exhibitors and press, works non-stop during the exhibition. There it is possible to take a break, thanks to the cafeteria service offered by Filo.