skip to Main Content

Südwolle Group celebrates fifty years in business

Half a century of growth has led Südwolle Group to be the biggest manufacturer of worsted yarn worldwide, with production facilities in Germany, Italy, China, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria, and warehouses in Germany, Italy, UK, North America and China.
Every facility complies with the company’s high standards in terms of quality, environmental sustainability and personnel management.

The company, which ended 2015 with a turnover of 448 million euro, is part of Erwo Holding, employs 2,882 people in 10 countries, and has a production capacity of 26,000 tons of yarn per annum. Target markets are 40% European, and the remaining 60% non-European. Südwolle Group has 6 principal brands: Südwolle (weaving yarns), Biella Yarn (flat knitting yarns), Yarn in Motion (circular knitting yarns), Stöhr (yarns for technical applications e.g. upholstery/automotive), Richter (hosiery) and Soey (viscose air-jet yarns).

Biella, 8th February 2017

Back To Top